Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Facetime comes up with connection lost on IPAD 2.

Both have the latest operatinng system ios 6, that's Iphone 4 and IPAD 2. When trying to connect to Ipad from another distant Ipad , it does not connect, neither does the ringer sound. I have tried at home using my Iphone to ipad as well trying to connect facetime, still connection failure on ipad. ipad to iphone over wifi at home with a good signal, no response on ipad except - connection lost giving the call back or cancel options. nothing received on iphone. i have tried putting 8.8.8.8 in the wifi setting on the dns as some website suggested . when i use my iphone to connect to ipad via face time the ipad opens facetime with ringer - accept does not open dialogue and eventually comes up with connection lost, meanwhile iphone still ringing. So ipad opens facetime but does not connect. facetime icon on ipad desktop show missed call. Eventually Iphone says Facetime not available

can anyone help please

iPad 2, iOS 6.0.1, Connection Lost

Posted on Nov 25, 2012 1:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 25, 2012 1:26 AM

Upgrade to 6.0.1

18 replies

Nov 25, 2012 7:05 AM in response to iLov

I have done everything suggested except restore from my earlier backup. Situation is still iphone rings ipad, accept on ipad does not - eventually ends with connection lost, while i phone still ringing.

the reverse from ipad to iphone never gets to iphone - but comes up with connection lost - wifi settings on ipad has dns of n.n.n.n,8.8.8.8.

whats the renew lease setting for?

derek

Facetime comes up with connection lost on IPAD 2.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.