Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 4s' volume icon will not show up when I press the two buttons. The volume only works when I'm trying out ringtones. For example, trying to watch something on Hulu, the sound isn't working.

For example, when I try watching something on Hulu, i can't hear anything. When I press the two volume buttons the volume icon doesn't show up.

iPhone 4S

Posted on Nov 26, 2012 9:00 AM

1 reply

Nov 26, 2012 9:36 AM in response to Mimig2

This can be caused by iPhone false detection it is docked due to short circuit of the charging port. Clean the iPhone charging port with clean dry toothbrush. See if fixed. If not fixed and there is Warranty or AppleCare, make Genius reservation and take to Apple for resolution. If no coverage, clean the iPhone charging port again with the toothbrush and a small amount of Isopropyll Alcohol.

My iPhone 4s' volume icon will not show up when I press the two buttons. The volume only works when I'm trying out ringtones. For example, trying to watch something on Hulu, the sound isn't working.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.