Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipod touch recovery mode not working

My kids put a passcode on my ipod, and they can't remember it. It says I need to wait over 22 million minutes before trying again?! I tried recovery mode, but the bugger is that it never shuts off... just restarts (after sliding the red slider). Even so, I try holding the home button, and it just comes back to the horrid "disabled" screen... itunes says I need to enter the passcode... help?

User uploaded file

iPod touch

Posted on Nov 26, 2012 12:15 PM

7 replies

Nov 26, 2012 4:22 PM in response to taudronis

Try:

- iOS: Not responding or does not turn on

- Also try DFU mode after try recovery mode

How to put iPod touch / iPhone into DFU mode « Karthik's scribblings

- If not successful and you can't fully turn the iOS device fully off, let the battery fully drain. After charging for an least an hour try the above again.

- If still not successful that usually indicates a hardware problem and an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store is in order.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

you likely will have to let the battery fully drain.

ipod touch recovery mode not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.