Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Some songs Downloaded to iPhone 4S via iTunes Match Skip

Hello -

I am using the following versions of iTunes and iPhone 4S:

iTunes: 10.07.0.21

iPhone: 6.0.1

I recently bought an album in physical format (i.e. Compact Disc) via an online retailer. When the album arrived, I imported it into my iTunes library. Once imported, I selected "Store > Update iTunes Match." Once the album was matched, I deleted the copy from the library and retained the one I had just matched on iCloud. I have used this process countless times in the past to match my music collection and iTunes Match has worked as expected (with the exception of the occasional album artwork not being displayed).

Unfortunately, I am experiencing some strange issue now. When I download this particular album to my iPhone using iTunes Match, the first track starts and immediately skips (e.g. the title of the track is displayed very briefly but no sound is heard) to either the second or third track. What's odd is that the song plays as expected when streamed, and occasionally works when I have no other albums downloaded to the iPhone. After spending $25.00 on iTunes Match and purchasing this new album, I find this bug to be very frustrating as it renders my new album somewhat unlistenable.

I have tried the following procedures in the hopes of fixing this issue with no success:

1. I Have verified Shuffle is not on.

2. I have deleted the album from iTunes Match and rematched from my library.

3. I have turned iTunes Match off, deleted all music locally, rebooted device, turned iTunes Match on, and redownloaded the album.

4. I have restored my iPhone from backup.

In addition to the above steps, I contacted Apple Support and have had a useless mail thread with a representative who clearly doesn't read my e-mails. I have told the representative in each mail I've sent that I am using iTunes Match when experiencing this issue, yet in her recent mail she tries to upsell me by telling me "Unfortunately you can only redownload songs you have purchased. Have you heard of iTunes Match?"

This is really frustrating me. I evangelize the product and feature constantly and to have it behave in such a broken manner is extremely irritating, especially when the support mail has been completely useless. If anyone could please provide some guidance I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

-Paulie1up

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Nov 27, 2012 8:55 PM

There are no replies.

Some songs Downloaded to iPhone 4S via iTunes Match Skip

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.