Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

microphone Iphone 4 doesn't work

HI.

Does anyone know what the problem is when the microphone ( I think) doesn't work?

The people I talk do suddenly doesn't hear me - but I can hear them loud and clear.

This is also something that happens suddenly, maybe in conversations, sometimes before the conversations starts.

This has also happened to an Iphone 4S which belongs to a friend of mine. Is this a commen error in apple products?

Ronny

iPhone 4, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Nov 30, 2012 3:30 AM

2 replies

Nov 30, 2012 3:39 AM in response to ronkasin

With any hardware no matter the manufacturer, there always can be defects. With this being said, finding out whether this is a hardware problem or a software problem should be your main priority.

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS2802 <--- use to troubleshoot (make sure your bluetooth is turned off in Settings > Bluetooth)

If the above does not work, I would get into contact with applecare or go to any applestore. If microphone does not work in factory default settings, there is a problem with your hardware.

microphone Iphone 4 doesn't work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.