Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems after apple unlocked my Sprint iPhone 5

After apple unlocked sprint iPhone 5, I can't use sprint any more.if I use AT&T.i have to restore it evrytime to be able to use sprint sim. Why? Will apple fix this in iOS 6.1?

iPhone 5, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Dec 1, 2012 8:26 AM

26 replies

Dec 1, 2012 9:13 PM in response to stevejobsfan0123

Yes apple does. Just because you don't know. I sent 20 emails to AppleCare. And they just asked my IMEI and those informations. And then. They unlocked it! I just restored it and iTunes said they my iPhone is unlocked. And I can use Verizon and AT&T on it. It just if I want to use Verizon, I have to restore it again and use Verizon. If I use ATT again. I have to restore it again to be able to use Verizon SIM card(it is from my iPad)

Dec 2, 2012 7:11 PM in response to Eric0w

Since AppleCare does not post an email account, and Apple does no support by email, just exactly what email address did you send these 20 emails to?

Apple does NOT directly take iPhone requests period. They only act upon requests from cell carriers. As far as CDMA, technically they are not locked but Verizon will not accept a Sprint CDMA phone (not just iPhone) and vice-versa.

The GSM side of the Verizon iPhone is unlocked, I am not sure if the Sprint is or not. If it is you should be able to use it with any GSM carrier. If you are then trying to switch back to Sprint and it is not working you either have a problem with Sprint or a defective iPhone.

Dec 2, 2012 7:18 PM in response to deggie

This is what i wrote to apple, and they just unlocked my sprint iPhone 5! And I'm using my iPad Verizon SIM card in my sprint iPhone 5 works perfect!!!!

I can't post pictures.....

Dear sir or madam,

I got an serious problem on my Sprint iPhone 5 16GB white. (Information of my iPhone:

SN: Xxx

IMEI: xxx

MEID: xxx

ICCID: xxx)

It was full price. I bought it from sprint for full price. But the iMassage and the FaceTime is not working at all. And I'm from China. After I got back to china from USA, I can't text using my Chinese SIM card!!!!! This is not good at all! I tried to restore it and use sprint SIM card to activate it, but iMassage and FaceTime and text massage is still no working. Will you guy fix this for me? Please fix it for me.

You know, apple said that full price iPhone will never be locked. But, my iPhone is full price. And it's locked! This is not a Funny joke. I'm so sad because of this. You have to fix it for me. Please. Thanks a lot!

Dec 2, 2012 7:21 PM in response to deggie

Thank you for contacting Apple.

In order for us to further research the issue you are experiencing with your iPhone 5, please provide the following information:

Your iPhone Serial Number and IMEI/MEID Number iOS: How to find the serial number, IMEI, MEID, CDN, and ICCID number

Are you currently a Sprint Customer or plan to become one in the future?

Where did you find information to contact this e-mail address?

We appreciate your patience and will respond as soon as we have identified a solution.

Regards

Cody

Dec 2, 2012 7:24 PM in response to deggie

After I sent my iPhone imformation. Here comes:

Thank you for contacting Apple.

We have researched the serial number you provided and have identified the cause of your reported issue. Accordingly, we have adjusted the settings for your iPhone 5 in our systems. In order for your iPhone 5 to reflect this change, first back up your iPhone to your computer or to iCloud. Next, please perform one of the following steps :

Erase all Content and Settings. - Tap Settings > General > Reset > Erase all content and settings iOS: Understanding 'Erase All Content and Settings'

or

Restore your iPhone with iTunes. iTunes: Restoring iOS Software

Once this process is complete, follow the instructions in the setup assistant and restore your backup onto your iPhone using iCloud or iTunes iOS: How to back up

We appreciate your support of Apple products and services. If you still experience issues after this or need assistance performing these steps, Contact Apple Support and provide the corresponding case number.

Regards

Elias

Dec 2, 2012 7:31 PM in response to stevejobsfan0123

I know somebody in apple. So I got this email address. And I'm from china. Lots of people in china have already unlocked their sprint iPhone 5. If you don't believe me. Try to send email to apple care and unlock your phone!!!!!! You can just copy my email. And paste your phone information in it. Try to send 10 emails from different email address every day. At least 5. Then apple will unlock your phone! You've never tried. How do you know apple doesn't unlcok iPhones? Apple says they don't unlock iPhones, but in fact, they do!!!!!

Dec 2, 2012 7:33 PM in response to Eric0w

Seems to be several parts of this missing. The first response from Apple refers to a problem and then asks for your information. Where is the first letter you sent to them? Or did you call them? Is it possible you bought what you thought was a Verizon iPhone and you got a Sprint iPhone instead and that was the problem? Because I've not know Verizon to activate a Sprint phone.

Problems after apple unlocked my Sprint iPhone 5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.