Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i recently purchased iphone 5 on ebay, the phone came without the box and sim card, so i restore the iphone using iTunes, after restore, the phone said cant activate without the sim card, please insert the sim card to activate it, what i shoud do???

i cant activate the phone, i dont have the sim card, the guy on ebay said that is the iphone 5 from sprint, can apple care help me with this issue?

Posted on Dec 2, 2012 1:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 2, 2012 1:33 AM

Take the iPhone to a Sprint store and ask them for a SIM card

Hope that helps

5 replies

Dec 2, 2012 1:45 AM in response to tung117

The phone is actually a locked phone & has been unlocked unofficially. Hence it went to a locked status once you have done a restore.

You will have to contact sprint & they will might charge you depending on the contract that was with sprint. Its alright even if you don't have a sprint account.

Only once you unlock the phone, then you can use it with a different SIM. 😐

Taz

Dec 2, 2012 2:10 AM in response to tung117

Apple or Sprint should be able to tell you if the phone has been blacklisted or stolen.

Yes, if you purchased the phone from Ebay, then you probably did get scammed. If you cannot contact the seller on Ebay, then you need to go back to Ebay and file a dispute/claim with Ebay and they will sort it out. Perhaps a resolution so that you can return the phone for a full refund.

I would then suggest that if you want an iPhone 5 that you go a purcahse it from an official source, such as an Apple store or an Apple re-seller.

i recently purchased iphone 5 on ebay, the phone came without the box and sim card, so i restore the iphone using iTunes, after restore, the phone said cant activate without the sim card, please insert the sim card to activate it, what i shoud do???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.