Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 5 network error!

I have an iPhone 5 and ever since I've had it I have had issues with the internet. The problem only seems to occur when I am connected to my wireless network at home. When I have been at the Apple Store on their network, or at my family's house on their network, there is no problem at all. This problem doesn't seem to affect Safari, only some of my apps that require internet connectivity (facebook, ESPN, Weather Channel, etc). I have spent hours on the phone with Apple and just spent quite a bit of time on the phone with the manufacturer of my router with no resolution.

What happens when I try to open the affected apps is they just sit there trying to load and they either time out or, with Facebook I will get a network error bar across the top of the page. I did some research online and some people suggested that the iPhone 5 was having problems with some of the security settings on some networks. It was suggested that making your network unsecured could solve the problem. This isn't a problem for me since I live in the country and no one else can access my connection. I tried this and this has not made any difference at all.

After dealing with Apple over the issue for weeks, the finally told me that I needed to do a warranty exchange. I did a warranty exchange and the new phone has the exact same problems that the first phone had. It is driving me nuts and I am read to ditch this phone and stay away from Apple forever! I had an iPhone 4 before I got the 5 and it didn't have any connection problems whatsoever. I am trying not to pull an "office space" on this phone but I'm afraid it is going to come to that 😟

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

iPhone 5, iOS 6

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 12:30 PM

There are no replies.

iphone 5 network error!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.