Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

recording phone calls on iPhone 4 or 5?

is there a good way to record incoming or ougoing calls on my iPhone 4 or on the iPhone 5 if i get a new phone?

i am searching google with limited success.

iPhone 4, iOS 6

Posted on Dec 5, 2012 2:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 5, 2012 2:59 PM

hotwheels 22 wrote:

i am searching google with limited success.

That's because in many parts of the world & the US, such is illegal. However, read this:

http://reviews.cnet.co.uk/mobile-phones/how-to-record-calls-on-an-iphone-for-fre e-50005584/

4 replies

Dec 15, 2012 9:08 AM in response to wjosten

hi. thanks.

i wonder if there are other suggestions on this. surely recording calls on one's phone has legitimate uses. i mean, i can understand including it in with the OS might open a corporate can of worms (or may be technically tricky and not worth the time) but surely there are other users that need this functionality for reporting and collaborating.

the link posted looks helpful but comments seems very mixed about its usefulness and it is a UK product.

anyone know where/how to get additional helpful suggestions for getting this functionality?

TIA

Dec 15, 2012 9:33 AM in response to hotwheels22

Copied from my initial post:

"That's because in many parts of the world & the US, such is illegal."

That's why you're not gonna find much. However, Google Voice(if you have a Google Voice number) permits recording of inbound calls, but not outbound. Again, no technological reason why you can't, just too much of a patch work of laws that most companies don't want to mess with.

Dec 15, 2012 11:48 AM in response to wjosten

hi. it is not illegal to record a phone call if you have the permission of the person to whom you are talking. reporters do this all the time as do researchers in the US.

i suspect there are more apps out there for this and that they do a better job than the one you list but perhaps there are other sites for which such an inquiry would be more productive?

i wonder if anyone knows of a good place to post this that might be helpful in getting an answer or if there are other forum participants that have had success with something other than google.

i won't get into why google sees fit to include this functionality but apple does not as again it would be helpful to find a different app that handles this well on the iPhone.

thanks anyway.

recording phone calls on iPhone 4 or 5?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.