Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipod nano will not connect by bluetooth to my mac mini

Just bought ipod nano but can not get it to connect to any bluetooth device. Help!!

My Mac is a mid 2011 mini 2.5ghz

Mac mini (Mid 2011), OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 11:21 AM

5 replies

Dec 21, 2012 10:27 AM in response to tazmagic

See http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5479

The BT on the nano is only meant to be used for stereo music playback on headsets and carkits that support A2DP and for connecting to low energy devices like heart rate monitors. The handsfree profile (HFP) is only meant for phone calls, and since you can't make voice calls on the Nano, what would be the point of supporting/connecting to HFP-only carkits? Depending on their use-cases, devices will only support certain BT profiles -- you should research what is supported before making any purchase.

Jan 10, 2013 4:24 AM in response to stevev123

From the Apple website

And if your car’s sound system is Bluetooth enabled, when you sit down in the driver’s seat, your iPod nano is ready to pick up where you left off. Without missing a beat.

My brand new Nano cannot find any other bluetooth device yet my iphone is linked to my car's bluetooth system. So your information is incorrect

ipod nano will not connect by bluetooth to my mac mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.