Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5 reduced battery life since update 6.0.2

My iphone has suddenly become very heavy on power usage, it's no longer even lasting 24hrs without a charge. For the first time yesterday it ran out completely before I had a chance to plug it in, once the power level drops it goes down rapidly, is it the update?

iPhone 5, iOS 6.0.2

Posted on Dec 23, 2012 10:51 AM

1 reply

Dec 23, 2012 11:31 AM in response to Robyn48

Could it be that you have an app or two operating in the background? If you forget to close a game down after playing by letting the phone go on standby leaves the game running. Things that show your location or where your iphone is incase it could be lost or stolen (find my Iphone), or those running on standby (mail servers, bluetooth or wireless connections), Navis or trackfinders are convienient, but suck the life out of a battery too, cloud is always on unless shut off. Maybe your phones shut-down time is too long or your screens brightness is high. Got the new iphone 5 while my old iphone 3G ´s battery after 4 years of service just wasn´t holding out after a days work. There is always something running, just is it needed always or can it be turned on when needed.

iPhone 5 reduced battery life since update 6.0.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.