Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why is my iPhone 5 heating up AND Losing 100% charge in under 3 hours ?

iPhone 5 is under one month old and is already requirign more than 4 charges per 24 hours
It is also over heating.

This phone is being used Strictly as a PHONE ONLY Device.. No Facebook,Youtube or other traditional things we watch or download via our computers.
It is also using software version 6.0.1
How can thisphone be fixed ?????

iPhone 5, iOS 6.0.1, the phone is Only used as a Phone

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 6:44 PM

10 replies

Dec 27, 2012 8:03 AM in response to MightEMouse

Check for background running apps. Double press the home button ( the circle button ) and then hold your finger on the apps that appear at the bottom menu bar.

Incorrect. Only audio streaming, navigation, and a small handful of apps appearing on the "recently opened" bar actually are "background running" and use any iPhone resources. The other 99% are in a frozen state for rapid app switching.

To fix the battery drain:

1. Reset phone (no data loss): Press both home and power buttons for at least 10 seconds until the Apple logo appears.

2. Remove and reinstall Exchange and push IMAP email accounts

3. Restore in iTunes using a backup.

4. Restore as new

Dec 27, 2012 3:08 PM in response to modular747

Great Post. but unfortunately i had done that already, and my iPhone 5 still loses all of its battery in under 8 hours. Also the heating problem its constant. if i surf the web or view a couple of videos the phone get really hot and the battery dies almost completely. I think my next step is to call Apple and have them take a look. by the way my iPhone 5 is on 6.0.2.

Dec 28, 2012 1:35 PM in response to sue80

Another poster here verified the fact that doing that does not improve battery life. None of those apps are actually running or using up your processor. Try my advice from my earlier post. The only way that you can resolve the issue without calling AppleCare and finding out exactly which apps might be causing the issue would be to restore your device as new

why is my iPhone 5 heating up AND Losing 100% charge in under 3 hours ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.