Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AmazonBasics Composite AV Cable resulting in "This accessory is not supported by iPhone"

So for Christmas I received an AmazonBasics Composite AV cable (linked below) as I requested, in the reviews below I saw nothing but praise from other iPhone users who had been able to get this cable to function on their TVs. I plugged it into my phone (which at the time was jailbroken, now it isn't) and received an error saying "This accessory is not supported by iPhone" with only the option of "OK", so I installed a Cydia tweak called Resupported 4.0+ that was supposed to help with these things and then I still got nought. At some points audio played through the TV for about 1-2 seconds then cut out and when powering on/off the device the TV screen would flicker black and white. Without the jailbreak I received the error of it being unsupported but no dice on anything else. I have an iPhone 3gs running iOS 5.1.1 (and I won't upgrade to iOS 6, tried that, didn't like that).

I don't have a HD TV at the moment as I do not have the funds to buy one, but my TV does have the Red, Yellow and White RCA sockets on the front and back of the TV. I tried on the correct AV channels (I tried all AV channels) and none worked. Any help would be greatly appriciated as it would save me a lot of time and money burning DVDs.

Thanks,

Antony

Links:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/AmazonBasics-Composite-Cable-Apple-iPhone/dp/B004SBBDD0

iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.1.1, Currently non-jailbroken, has been.

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 7:20 AM

There are no replies.

AmazonBasics Composite AV Cable resulting in "This accessory is not supported by iPhone"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.