Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5 personal hotspot disappeared

I have an iPhone 5 and have updated to IOS 6.0.2 I can't find the personal hotspot. It seems to have disappeared. Is there any way of getting it back?

iPhone 5, iOS 6.0.2

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 3:12 PM

8 replies

Feb 2, 2013 10:59 AM in response to JohnnyJones

So I figured out what was going on with my phone this may be helpful to someone else. When you do the iOS 6.1 software update, your phones profile/prl data may get lost. So to get it back you have to do a profile/prl update. Depending on your phone carrier the profile/prl updating process may be different. So look up the process or call your phone carrier customer support and they can walk you through it, it doesn't take much time all. Once the the prl update is complete you should see the personal hotspot show up right when you open settings app again or you may have to go to Settings>General>Cellular and it should re-appear in that menu. Once you turn it on once it should show up on the Settings app first menu page under Airplane Mode, Bluetooth, WiFi ect. Hope this helps.

By the way for sprint users, to update your profile/prl. You need to turn off your phone then power it back on. Once on again dial ##873283#. An alert pops up saying "Starting Service Update" hit ok, then after a couple seconds it should say "Update Complete"

iPhone 5 personal hotspot disappeared

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.