Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New iTunes 11.01.12 won't allow sync to PC if iCloud is also enabled

I upgraded today to itunes 11.01.12 (not sure what version I had previously - it was quite different visually but not very out-of-date).

I have a "notes" account on my iphone which I sync to outlook on windows. Most of my notes are in this account.

I also have an icloud notes account which I use for occasional notes that I want to share with my ipad.

The new itunes will no longer allow me to sync notes to my computer while I have the icloud notes enabled.

If I disable the icloud notes, I can sync my iphone notes to outlook, but as soon as I reenable the icloud account - this option disappears from itunes.

Instead it informs me that my "notes are being synced with your iPhone over the air from iCloud".

It also says that "Over-the-air sync settings can be changed on your iPhone", but the only setting I can find is to disable the iCloud notes altogether.

I have been running two accounts like this for about 12 months now (ever since I got an ipad) with no problem - until the upgrade to the new itunes.

Does anyone know a way around this - without reverting back to an old version of itunes?

Thanks

PS It seemed best to simplify my question to one application (ie notes) but I have exactly the same problem with the "calendars" and the "contacts" applications as well - which I have likewise until now been able to have a "From My PC" account and an "iCloud" account run side-by-side, and still be able to sync with Outlook

iPhone 3GS, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Dec 29, 2012 11:17 PM

8 replies

Jan 2, 2013 3:11 AM in response to milojunkie

Same here... no calendar sync iTunes 11.0.1.12 and Outlook 2007...

iTunes says something like "sync settings are set-up to wireless, settings can be changed on the iphone"

First dunno where this setting would be and the problem is; I'm using iCloud and a local calendar at the same time.

iCloud is my MAC world and local calendar my Windows world.

I'm not allowed to set-up the windows client to wireless sync or iCloud sync; it has to be the cable and a local calendar.

Now a very valuable feature is gone and I'm not able to see my appointments anymore.

Any solution, help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Marc

Jan 3, 2013 6:26 AM in response to milojunkie

milojunkie wrote:

It also says that "Over-the-air sync settings can be changed on your iPhone", but the only setting I can find is to disable the iCloud notes altogether.

You can change the Default Notes account with which your iPhone syncs by going to Settings > Notes and then tapping "Default Account" from there you can choose iCloud, On My iPhone, and possibly Outlook.

Also, a workaround for the issue is using third-party apps designed to backup your iPhone notes.

Jan 3, 2013 8:29 AM in response to milojunkie

I too have my personal, Mac, account in the Windows iCloud Control Panel. My work iTunes account is completely seperate, and yet after downloading the new update and purchasing iTunes Match, the store and iTunes Match REFUSED to load.

After signing out of iCloud Control Panel completely, I opened iTunes and like magic, iTunes Match and iTunes Store started working.

Very, very, frustrating to say the least!

Feb 5, 2013 4:57 AM in response to aThanasi

aThanasi wrote:

milojunkie wrote:

You can change the Default Notes account with which your iPhone syncs by going to Settings > Notes and then tapping "Default Account" from there you can choose iCloud, On My iPhone, and possibly Outlook.

Also, a workaround for the issue is using third-party apps designed to backup your iPhone notes.

Thanks for the tip regarding the third party product (CopyTrans). This does look like a good workaround

Unfortunately your suggestion re setting the "default account" is inaccurate.

This sets which account new notes will go into, not which account iTunes syncs to.

My default notes account is already set to "On My iPhone", but iTunes refuses to sync it if the iCloud notes account is also activated

My original problem remains. I still cannot sync to PC while iCloud is one of the active accounts.

Given that notes and mail and calendar all allow for multiple accounts, it seems crazy to me that you can only sync the iColud account if it is activated as one of the multiple accounts. Any other accounts are ignored by iTunes !!!!

Feb 8, 2014 10:23 AM in response to milojunkie

iTunes 11 will not allow syncing with Outlook Calendars or Notes whether you have them on iCloud or not. The document they keep sending in response to this problem is simply wrong ... i.e., it has no relevance to what I see when I open the "content" tab on iTunes (first, there is not "content" tab ... there is an "Info" tab but that's it). I have an open ticket with iTunes support for this: # 573410906. Hopefully their next response is more substantive. We are giving this 35 days to resolve or we advise our Apple device users to find other devices as iCloud is not an option and it does not work with Microsoft OS below 7. We still have users with VISTA.

New iTunes 11.01.12 won't allow sync to PC if iCloud is also enabled

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.