Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 5 got wet

hi, i have a question...

my iphone 5 got wet all night, when i noticed, it was 6am in the morning. the sink explode and all the floors in the house got wet, like a mini flood.

the iphone 5 was in the floor upside down charging all night, it was ON.

when i noticed it was wet, i shaked it, and then dried it with a towel, then i used the hair drier in low setting to remove any excess of water,

the iphone 5 is new i bought it in nov-2-12, its only 2 months, the lock button got wet and the back camera, i think the water entered thru the front speaker[ the hole where u hear the other person] so i used a ziploc bag and fill it with a bunch of rice, like i said it was ON and i couldnt turn it off.

theres a stain in the middle of the screen and close to the battery symbol in the top right of the screen. the touch didnt respond very well but now its off with the sim card out.

yesterday it was searching, now it has signal....

i didnt have a warranty [apple care]

i dont know if apple can replace my phone without that warranty if its only 2 months old

i dont know what to do, help 😟

iPhone 5, iOS 6.0.2

Posted on Jan 4, 2013 1:44 PM

5 replies

Iphone 5 got wet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.