Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my iphone 3gs is not activating after updating my software with i tunes...what shall i do? cant i go back to my normal version which was ios 4.1

my iphone 3gs which is not associated with this accunt is not activating after updating the sof tware, it connects to i tunes but i tunes says "we arh your unable to continue with your activation at this time, please try again later or contact customer care". my iphone aslo just says it cannot be activated or something like that every time i try. i have been waiting for 4 hours now but it still hasnt worked. how can i uninstal this update and go back to my old version which ws ios 4.1 or or ios 4,3. i dont even know what version it updated to, im assuming it is ios5 but not sure. it says try connecting to i tunes as well but it is connected and i tunes cant activate it either. my phone is connect to a wifi but it stll says no service.

i will really appreciate some help.

thanks.

iPhone 3GS

Posted on Jan 6, 2013 11:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 6, 2013 11:57 AM

Generally this is a sign that the iPhone had previously been

hacked/modified/jailbroken and the update relocked it to the

original wireless carrier. If this is the case, only that wireless

carrier can unlock your iPhone. You must contact them to see

if they offer unlocking and if you qualify.

Where did you acquire this iPhone?

What wireless carrier did you use before this problem?

Does the app Cydia appear on your iPhone?

What does it say when you look at Settings=>General=>About=>Carrier?

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 6, 2013 11:57 AM in response to ijaz dar

Generally this is a sign that the iPhone had previously been

hacked/modified/jailbroken and the update relocked it to the

original wireless carrier. If this is the case, only that wireless

carrier can unlock your iPhone. You must contact them to see

if they offer unlocking and if you qualify.

Where did you acquire this iPhone?

What wireless carrier did you use before this problem?

Does the app Cydia appear on your iPhone?

What does it say when you look at Settings=>General=>About=>Carrier?

Jan 6, 2013 12:05 PM in response to imobl

I was using wireless Internet for the update but the original sim for this phone was a contract sim which has been destroyed after the contract finished. It's on Vodafone right now but no Internet unless I use wifi which is orange, but thanks for helping me because I think I did get it unlocked when I went abroad to put another sim in and used it and since I came back I was not able to update my software because the button had vanished. So I used I tunes. Thanks for yor help

my iphone 3gs is not activating after updating my software with i tunes...what shall i do? cant i go back to my normal version which was ios 4.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.