Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad wont turn on

I left for winter break and left my ipad (first gen) at home. It was about 2 weeks and I guess it just ran out of battery so i plugged it into my computer, itunes wont recognize it. I left it for a half hour to see if the battery would recharge but it didnt show any signs of it. So i need to figure out how i can charge it up and download some things onto it that i like. Thanks.

BTW. The ipad is a first generation 64gb with 3g from at&t thanks.

iPad

Posted on Jan 6, 2013 11:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 6, 2013 11:47 AM

Plug it in using the 10W power adapter that came with it, the computer is not a sufficient power source.

4 replies

Jan 6, 2013 11:47 AM in response to aconstantin

Using the supplied iPad Charger and Cable... Connect to the Mains Power Outlet and Charge the iPad for about 60 minutes.

Then turn it on and Connect to your computer.

iPad Charging

"The fastest way to charge your iPad is with the included 10W or 12W USB Power Adapter.

iPad will also charge, although more slowly, when attached to a computer with a high-power USB port (many recent Mac computers) or with an iPhone Power Adapter.

When attached to a computer via a standard USB port (most PCs or older Mac computers) iPad will charge, but only when it's in sleep mode.

Make sure your computer is on while charging iPad via USB. If iPad is connected to a computer that’s turned off or is in sleep or standby mode, the iPad battery will continue to drain."

iPad wont turn on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.