Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The new podcast app downloads all audio at accelerated, distorted playback speed. How can this distortion be remedied?

The new podcast app plays all audio at accelerated speed. How can this distortion be fixed?

iPhone 4, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Jan 6, 2013 8:52 PM

3 replies

Jan 7, 2013 11:24 AM in response to the fiend

I posted on "iTunes for Windows" because that's where I'm downloading the app to my iPhone. Seemed like the proper place to me. The problem has been that since iTunes established its "stand alone" podcast app in place of the podcast seclection within the Music app, all downloads play at accellerated speed.

Obviously, I'm not sure where someone posts a question that can apply to different systems: Windows, iPhone, and iTunes. It's unclear which forum holds jurisdiction. Thanks for your answer. I've tried flipping the artwork on the iPhone, but perhaps the poscast actually has to be playing to prompt a result.

Jan 7, 2013 11:40 AM in response to inkthink

The problem is on the iPod Touch. Therefore, post your question in the iPod Touch forum. Personally, I can't see how it's not obvious.

Likewise...

inkthink wrote:

I've tried flipping the artwork on the iPhone, but perhaps the poscast actually has to be playing to prompt a result.

... are you saying that you've posted back without even trying that?

*Sigh!*

The new podcast app downloads all audio at accelerated, distorted playback speed. How can this distortion be remedied?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.