Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't access my hotmail account in iOS email app

I don't why I can't get my hotmail emails in the IOS email app, tried my iPad3, ipod touch and iPhone 4s, all read "The connection to the server failed"... but others like gmail work just fine... the hotmail account was fine yesterday, and I've been using hotmail in the IOS email app for years, but it suddenly stopped today, tried on iOS safari and chrome, both ok to log into my hotmail account and read and write, so I tried deleting the account in email app and set it up again, I can set up the account, but just can't load emails or send a new email, it seems that the email app can't get to the hotmail server, this never happened before, hope someone can help me with this. Thanks!!!

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Jan 9, 2013 6:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 9, 2013 8:19 AM

problem partially solved... I deleted the hotmail account, and when readd it, I chose other instead of hotmail, after verfied, it's ok now... but there's no folder,no calender, no push, nothing but emails...and all emails are marked unread, still don't feel like the right way to solve it

11 replies

Jan 10, 2013 7:04 AM in response to Eric_3272

I am having the same issue that occurred about the same time yours did. I can access one of my hotmail accounts, but not the other one. Unfortunately all my calendar items were on that account and they disappeared when I tried to delete and add the account back. Anyone find a fix yet? I've tried everything and searched everywhere for an answer.

Jan 10, 2013 1:22 PM in response to rewirement

rewirement wrote:

I'm wondering if this is still a problem - that message from hotmail is over a day old - right now I've got access to hotmail on both my iphone and computer - but not my ipad - anyone else still having problems with hotmail and the ipad?

unfortunately, yes, it's still a problem, the last update was about 4 hours ago which reads the next update will needs another 24 hours...

I can't access my hotmail account in iOS email app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.