Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Ipad Mini Keeps Closing Apps and Returning back to the Home Screen?

Hi,

I bought an ipad mini at the beginning of December and i have had problems with it ever since.

For some reason i could be in the middle of doing something (doesnt matter what app or what i'm doing) and it will just shut down and return to the home screen so i then have to open the app again?

Its quite frustrating and i have searched the web high and low for other similar problems but i cannot find anything.

I am using the ios 6.0.2.

Thank you

Daniel

iPad, iOS 6.0.2

Posted on Jan 9, 2013 6:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 9, 2013 6:54 AM

Try a reset: Simultaneously hold down the Home and On buttons until the iPad shuts down. Ignore the off slider if it appears. Once shut down is complete, if it doesn't restart on it own, turn the iPad back on using the On button. In some cases it also helps to double click the Home button and close all apps from the tray before doing the reset.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 9, 2013 6:54 AM in response to aydenamy

Try a reset: Simultaneously hold down the Home and On buttons until the iPad shuts down. Ignore the off slider if it appears. Once shut down is complete, if it doesn't restart on it own, turn the iPad back on using the On button. In some cases it also helps to double click the Home button and close all apps from the tray before doing the reset.

My Ipad Mini Keeps Closing Apps and Returning back to the Home Screen?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.