Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipod nano 7th gen battery life?

Hi!

In the 2 weeks since I bought my ipod nano 7th gen I have had issues with its battery life. I have fully charged it twice & I have been mainly listening to the radio & podcasts as I find the time to sync all of my favorite music but the battery only lasts around 7 hours, tops. I have rarely used the screen & I let the battery run down before I recharged it via my laptop but all the info out there claims a 30 hr play time. Any help? 1st ipod. No wall charger yet.

Thnx 😕

iPod nano

Posted on Jan 10, 2013 1:21 PM

11 replies

Apr 23, 2013 2:38 PM in response to VT@H

I 've tried everything. All steps correct re: restoring & resetting. iPod nano 7 & iTunes are up-to-date. Apple geniuses confirm that I've done all that is possible. No way yet to test the battery. Too new. Max radio life has been 12 hrs. Music has been 8 hrs. It turns out that in-store replacements are refurbished?. 5th nano 7 is the charm? This one is supposed to be sent direct from Apple & guaranteed to be new. Fingers crossed. Will update. Sigh...

Apr 24, 2013 9:29 AM in response to VT@H

Thnx to everyone for responding. I never expected any replies.

Apple Care phone service claims that it is possible to test the battery but in-store the ``geniuses`` insist that the nano 7 is too new (pls see my last post). My last attempt was nearly 2 weeks ago when I got my 3rd replacement, now known to be refurbished. Tired of being caught in the middle. Nano 7 # 5 is suppossed to be new. Not updating for every replacement since always contacting Apple in my spare time instead the last 3 months & asking everyone I meet (all women!?) who has an iPod nano about their battery life. When even a nano 3! beats my nano 7's battery life by 2 hrs-ish (guestimate by kind stranger with nano 3) something is up. Nano 3 - nano 6 all had better battery longevity then my nano 7, & the sole other nano 7 that I have seen the woman claimed that 30 hrs sounded about right for hers. That's right, I have only come across 1 other person with a nano 7 in the 3 months that I have had mine/that it has been available? As a regular user of BMW (bike/metro(subway)/walk) I have found that those with the previous generations of iPod nanos have been more or less friendly as I have accosted them. Update to follow.

May 31, 2013 10:53 AM in response to VT@H

New iPn7 #5!!! lasts w/ music/genius lists 16-21 hrs while the radio dies after 11-11 1/2 hrs. Still no BlueTooth activated or photos/video. 1 hr Podcasts now NOT draining the battery by a third each. Improvement over 6-8 hrs music/10-12 hrs. radio sans ANYTHING added & w/ only 2.5 GB of music. A long way from the 30 hrs. continuous playbackback advertised by Apple but my options are...? Caving. 5 months of conversing/Apple appointments w/ Apple Care more than time w/ my own friends!!! Happy that I'm not alone in my disappointment/frustration.

Oct 19, 2013 4:59 AM in response to VT@H

I bought my Ipod Nano 7th gen yesterday. I have also the 3rd gen one ( which I can no longer sync) and the 6th gen one ( which was brill but 'lives' in my car constantly) so I got the new one to put my work specific info, audiolbooks, lectures etc on. I am now charging it for the second time in 24 hours and I am so dissapointed with it. Is this all there is to the battery life?

ipod nano 7th gen battery life?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.