Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have unlocked my iphone from 02 to T3, now mu downloded apps wont work

Hi, I have a 3g iphone, bought off ebay, it was locked to 02 but I had it unlocked and now it has a T-Moblie contract.

Before I unlocked it I had downloaded some Apps, including Tom Tom, which was really all I wanted, now the phone will open the Apps but closes them again in seconds, I have tried deleating them and re-loading but nothing works.

Could I have done something wrong when I changed sim cards, please help if you can.

Regards Tonyblue

iPhone 3G, iOS 2.x

Posted on Jan 11, 2013 3:31 AM

4 replies

Jun 18, 2018 4:42 PM in response to tonymurcia

Apps not loading is not related to changing SIMs or unlocking. Something else must've occured.

Did you update the version of iOS at the same time too, or restore the phone as part of the unlock process?

If so, you may be experiencing a common issue that happened after an iOS update some time ago related to AppleID authorization.

Try downloading one (free) app from the AppStore (doesn't matter what) and install it. Quite possibly, after doing that, you'll find all your other apps magically start working again.

See Step 3 here: http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1702 for more information.

Jun 18, 2018 4:42 PM in response to appuser

Changing the SIM does not affect any handset settings or delete accounts/passwords. The SIM card simply registers the phone to the cellular network and provides default cellular data connection settings - nothing at all to do with AppStore accounts setup on the phone itself.

Jan 11, 2013 4:01 AM in response to tonymurcia

have you checked that the new sim settings has not deleted or re-set all your handset settings?

( -on the asumption that you can still connect to the internet...)

(or) that it has deleted your account and/or password.

was it unlocked by 02 ?

(it must be unlocked by the 'official' ORIGIONAL network provider (or at an APPLE STORE);

this prevents unlawful, ie stolen handsets being of any use. The same goes for 'unofficial' or 'jail broken' handsets.)

if not it could be that the phone is not legitimate, and is now being blocked.

Jan 11, 2013 5:25 AM in response to tonymurcia

Thank you all so much,

It looks like I was wrong about the sim change, it was just bad timeing.

I have tried to download other Apps but with the same result, they seem to be on the phone but quickly return to the home screen and nothing more happens. The Apps that come with the phone are working fine.

The main reason I bought this phone was be able to have europeon maps, Tom Tom looked the best, and haveing them on my phone would be far better than a Sat Nav in the car.

Is there anything that I do to sort this out, I know that the phone is old and I have no one to take it back to, is this the end of my iphone adventure.

Once again, Thank you all for your help

I have unlocked my iphone from 02 to T3, now mu downloded apps wont work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.