Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Delete expired library books from Ipad

I cannot remove expired library books from my Kindle ipad app. I have deleted them from "manage you Kindle" but still cannot delete them. When I try to get the

x to delete on my ipad, it just tells me that I cannot download.

iPad 2

Posted on Jan 13, 2013 11:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 22, 2013 3:54 PM

I finally got rid of those lingering, "returned" library books that remained months after I'd deleting them from "Manage Your Kindle" on Amazon.

You have to Deregister--and then Re-Register--your iPad. This will delete everything from your device, but you can easily download all the books you own, stored on Amazon Cloud, back onto your device.

1. Go to iPad settings.

2. Click on Registration/Update.

3. Click "Deregister this Kindle." You will get the message, "Deregister will remove all downloaded content from this Kindle, do you want to continue?"

4. Click "OK."

You will land back on the kindle page.

Sign into your Amazon account, and all the books that appear in the Cloud will be available. Press the downward arrow on the bottom right of each book icon to download onto device.

This worked for me.

Good Luck.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 22, 2013 3:54 PM in response to janetfromlake bluff

I finally got rid of those lingering, "returned" library books that remained months after I'd deleting them from "Manage Your Kindle" on Amazon.

You have to Deregister--and then Re-Register--your iPad. This will delete everything from your device, but you can easily download all the books you own, stored on Amazon Cloud, back onto your device.

1. Go to iPad settings.

2. Click on Registration/Update.

3. Click "Deregister this Kindle." You will get the message, "Deregister will remove all downloaded content from this Kindle, do you want to continue?"

4. Click "OK."

You will land back on the kindle page.

Sign into your Amazon account, and all the books that appear in the Cloud will be available. Press the downward arrow on the bottom right of each book icon to download onto device.

This worked for me.

Good Luck.

Aug 1, 2013 4:35 PM in response to janetfromlake bluff

To delete library books from the Kindle Cloud: Log into your Amazon account. Go to "Manage Your Kindle." All books you have purchased AND/OR borrowed from the library will appear. For each expired library book, click on "Actions." This will open a drop down menu; select delete book. It will ask you if you are sure, so click "yes" and it will delete the expired book.

Delete expired library books from Ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.