Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I retrieve call history from my iPhone 4S? It only seems to log for about a month and I need an earlier date?

How do I retrieve call history from my iPhone 4S? It only seems to log for about a month and I need an earlier date?

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.0.2

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 2:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 2:13 PM

if you log into your account with your carrier, it will have a log of every call you've ever made. The phone does not keep more than 100 past calls, i believe, to save on space

4 replies

Oct 21, 2014 12:13 AM in response to Madfletch

If you have backup of your files, you can get your call history back as long as you sync iPhone with iTunes frequently.

OK, the first thing you are required to do is close the function of "prevent iPhone from syncing automatically." in iTunes, avoiding to sync iPhone again.

Now, connect your iPhone to pc and open iTunes.

iTunes> preferences> devices

All the backup data in iTunes will be displayed.

Then,click the File menu and select Devices > Restore from Back up

your iPhone will restart and you can find them back.

This method only can find back the latest history, to get back the old, you should turn to a third party program for help.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.