Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why does my google keep asking if can use my current location every time i use it, even if i say yes every time?

N.B. This is also happening on my iphone 4.

iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Jan 18, 2013 8:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 19, 2013 9:30 PM

Dude. So weird. All of the sudden I was having the exact same issue. It was driving me nuts. I scoured every privacy setting under the sun and tried every combination to no avail. But, I finally deduced that somehow I got "signed out" of my google account. Once I signed back in through Safari, problem solved. The annoying prompt has not come up since I signed back into my google account. Good luck, but that should fix it.

16 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 19, 2013 9:30 PM in response to desperate_dan

Dude. So weird. All of the sudden I was having the exact same issue. It was driving me nuts. I scoured every privacy setting under the sun and tried every combination to no avail. But, I finally deduced that somehow I got "signed out" of my google account. Once I signed back in through Safari, problem solved. The annoying prompt has not come up since I signed back into my google account. Good luck, but that should fix it.

Jan 18, 2013 8:42 AM in response to Kilgore-Trout

Hi James,

Google is my default search engine on safari. Everytime I click a search result (after searching something/anything) I get a pop-up message stating

"http://www.[any_url].com"

Would Like To Use Your

Current Location

(Don't Allow) (OK)

*the any_url bit above just relates to relevant search result I may be clicking on. It doesn't actually say any_url.

This has only been happening recently and is happening on both my iphone and ipad.

Jan 23, 2013 5:08 PM in response to desperate_dan

Ok guys - in answer to one of the posts above private browsing is enabled. But I don't have a google account, google is simple my default an preferred search engine, so private browsing isn't the root cause. Especially as private browsing has been switched on for the past year and this is only a recent issue.

I believe I have found a solution though. I have simply gone into settings\location services and switched it of for safari. Problem gone.

Jan 31, 2013 6:44 AM in response to desperate_dan

This is happening to me as well on both my iPhone 5 and iPad 2 with iOS 6.1 installed. I use private browsing and location services is on for safari, I don't really want to turn it off. I never had the problem until recently and none of the above changed when I started having the problem. I also have never signed into google on my iPhone or iPad.

Feb 1, 2013 5:35 AM in response to desperate_dan

OK -Here's what worked for me.

For iPhone:

1. On your iPhone or iPod, in your preferred browser, go to www.google.com, and sign in to your account (if you aren't already logged in).
  2. Scroll down to the bottom of the page, and select "Settings"
  3. Under "Precise Location", select "Do not allow"
  4. Scroll to bottom, and "Save"

For iPad:

1. On your iPad, in your preferred browser, go to www.google.com, and sign in to your account (if you aren't already logged in).
  2. Click the "Settings" cog in the upper right corner, and choose "Search settings"
  3. Select "Location" from the left sidebar
  4. Under "Precise Location", select "No. Do not use..."
  5. Select "Save" to save your preference.

When you do search for a specific location in google, it will use your general location, but there will be an option above it to "Use Specific Location" during that search, specifically. No need to leave it on all of the time!

This will eliminate the popups - at least it did for me! I have Private Browsing enabled, and no issues so far. Next time you log in to your settings, it will default back to allowing precise location, so keep an eye on that!

why does my google keep asking if can use my current location every time i use it, even if i say yes every time?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.