Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I protect my iPhone when inside a battery case (Mophie)

I have an iPhone 4s that I have been using with a Mophie Juice Pack Plus. I recently dropped my phone (while it was inside the mophie) and it landed on the screen and of course shattered/broke the screen and cracked the Mophie. I got another phone and purchased the new Mophie Juice Pack Pro but not sure that I like it. It limits your ability to put phone in car charger and some other small quirks. Does anyone know of any options out there where I could go back to using the Mophie Juice Pack Plus or either the PhoneSuite Elite case but have some kind of protection so if I drop it this doesn't happen again?

I called Mophie and PhoneSuite and their customer service was horrible. They couldn't offer any suggestions. I wonder if a silicone bumper around the battery case would protect it but all the "teenager" on the other end could say was...."uhhh, I really don't know".

Has anyone out there found a good way to protect your phone in a battery case? I don't want a carrying case because if I take the phone out of the carrying case and I happen to drop it before I put it back in the carrying case/holster, then that doesn't solve the problem.

HELP!!!!!

iPhone 4S

Posted on Jan 22, 2013 8:42 AM

6 replies

Jan 23, 2013 8:39 AM in response to tammy sage

i have an iphone 5 in a battery case - dont kow if it will help but there are a couple of companies that make glass screen protectors for the fronto of the phone - Xgear has one called Banshee and I beleive a company called Spigen makes one too - in theory a glass screen protector should work better than the plastic ones because it would shatter before the phone screen ddi - of course i have never dropped any of my iphones so i havent tested that theory out

Jan 23, 2013 9:57 AM in response to needleman_mark

Thanks for the suggestion. I have watched a video on the Spigen and looks like it may be an option if the thickness will allow it to fit inside the Mophie. (In their video they mentioned that cases that fit over the sides of the iPhone cause problems with the glass protector). I have sent a question/request to Spigen to see if it will. Thanks so much.

Jan 25, 2013 5:24 AM in response to tammy sage

you might not have this problem - i had a problem with the adhesive on the spigen protector - it left blotches on the protector - it never spread evenly - i tried 2 different ones - the xgear one seemed to work a lot better for me

i have a i-Blason battery case ( since the mophie iphone 5 case is not yet out) - no problems with the glass screen protector

Jan 25, 2013 8:50 AM in response to tammy sage

needleman_mark......was it the spigen glass protector or just a regular screen protector that you had? I did not see a glass one on the xgear site for the iphone 4S is why I looked at Spigen. I looked at the i-Blason case but do not see one for the iPhone 4S, that's a shame, it is a good looking case. Did you have a Mophie prior to your iPhone 5? If so, how does the i-Blason compare??? Thanks for your reply.

Jan 25, 2013 9:46 AM in response to tammy sage

it was the spigen glass protector - the xgear glass one is callwd Ultra Shield for the iPhone 4/4S - Banshee for the iPhone5

the 4S one is on page 1 of the iphone 4 product pages - the iphone 5 is on page 1 of the iPhone products - despite the different names they have the same price $29.95 although i dont know if they are the same type of glass

http://www.xgearlive.com

i never had a Mophie case although its gotten good reviews - probably the reason i dont have one for my iPhone 5 is its not available yet and i didnt want to wait - the i-Blason case i have for my iPhone 5 is fine - although a bit bulky - they make a 2nd battery case (whose name i forget) which they included free when i bought mine - that one is hard to get the iPhone out of - the one I use is the one with the power button and charging lights on the front bottom - its easy to get the phone out - but both of them dont protect the front of the phone so the screen protector helps

Im looking at something called the Contact Slim Design battery pack for the iPhone 5 - its 2500mah - but i spend way to much on accessories

there is a company called Third Rail Mobility which makes a case for the 4/4S which I had

http://www.thirdrailmobility.com

they also are working on an iPhone 5 version

whats interesting about their case is the battery is detachable and can be put on the case only when needed - you can also stack multiple batteries on top of each other on the case - and they claim that when a new model iPhone comes out all you need to do is get a new case - the batteries will work with the new case

How can I protect my iPhone when inside a battery case (Mophie)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.