Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How much does it cost to replace the glass on the back of an iPhone 4?

Today, I accidentally dropped my iPhone 4, and discovered that the glass on the back had shattered. My phone is still under the one-year warranty, by I've got a small problem: I don't live anywhere near an official Apple store. My town only has licensed retailers. (Like the phone company I got the thing from)

What are my options in this case? Since I obviously can't walk into a store and get it fixed, can it still be sent into Apple and have the back replaced? Or would that be cost prohibitive?

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Jan 27, 2013 12:08 PM

10 replies

Jan 27, 2013 12:40 PM in response to Margo196

as you don't say which country pick yours from the drop down menu

http://support.apple.com/kb/index?page=servicefaq&geo=United_Kingdom&product=iph one

basically you can get an out of warranty replacement ,as new,

for $149 in US exchange and there is a mail in service

similar price in other countries

Apple do not repair all refurbishments are done in factory conditions

Jan 27, 2013 6:47 PM in response to wegras

They wouldn't even be able to just do a simple hardware replacement for the cracked glass? I'm not interested in completely replacing my iPhone-aside from the cracked glass, it works just fine.

I read that if it's your first time, they'll only charge about $30, so it's still worth going in to check out my options while I'm in NYC.

How much does it cost to replace the glass on the back of an iPhone 4?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.