Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why don't I have facetime on my iphone5? When I bought it I had face time but now it's vanished. I need to know how this could happen, and how to get it back on my phone.

anyone have the same problems? I noticed I can't download anything either. And the app store was missing too but my friend some how downloaded one to my phone. I have the weirdest things happen to my phones and computers. I want to know if everyone feels like their personal info, messages,pictures, docs, and email are NOT private. Am I being paranoid?

iPhone 5, iOS 6.0.2

Posted on Jan 27, 2013 8:04 PM

13 replies

Jan 27, 2013 8:16 PM in response to misskitty805

Yes. You are being paranoid.

There is no Fcetime icon on any iphone. You turn it on in settings. Select a contact and scroll down to the facetime button in order to make a facetime call.

You cannot delete or add the app store.

It was likely on another page, in a folder or you have restrictions set.

Don't know what "can't download anything " means.

Oct 9, 2014 1:42 AM in response to Rami KH

If you don't have FaceTime, it's one of three possible things:

1. Your looking in the wrong place. FaceTime on iPhone is NOT an app. Look in your contacts. FaceTime is simply another way to contact someone, like a mobile number or email address.
  2. Restrictions are on. Look in Settings > General > Restrictions to be sure FaceTime is enabled (green)
  3. You have an iPhone purchased from the middle east. Many countries in that reason have banned FaceTime and Apple has restricted FacetTime at the hardware level. Those devices do not have FaceTime, and cannot ever enable it.

Jun 4, 2016 4:51 AM in response to misskitty805

Hello,

i bought myself a brand new iPhone and couldn't find FaceTime either.

just figure out that I will never have FaceTime because I bought my phone while I was on vacation in Dubai.

here is the link from Apple:

Get help if you can't make or receive FaceTime calls - Apple Support

I have just one question for Apple: why the **** isn't possible to have FaceTime just because I bought my phone in Dubai???

Jun 4, 2016 5:03 AM in response to Guiguille

because their government have apple make a special version which make it impossible for people in dubai to use it because it's illegal

you can complain to apple using feedback http://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html

how to complain to the dubai government I'm not sure

also you're commenting on a very old post from when facetime was show under contacts and did not have it's own app back in 2013 which the OP is from

why don't I have facetime on my iphone5? When I bought it I had face time but now it's vanished. I need to know how this could happen, and how to get it back on my phone.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.