Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to transfer photos from a CF card into a ipad mini without a computer? Thanks for your help

Hi everybody

I have a iPad mini and I need your help to tell me how to transfer photos from a CF card into a Ipad mini when I don't have my MacBook.

I tried with a card reader + USB to Lightining but the iPad Mini doesn't recognize it.

Thanks a lot for your help

iPad mini Wi-Fi, iOS 6.0.2

Posted on Jan 28, 2013 9:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2013 9:17 AM

A lot of card readers require more power than is supplied to the kit - if you have a CF-only reader then you might have a better chance of it working (or try a powered reader).

If you've copied the photos onto the card yourself then you need to create a DCIM directory off the root of the card, with the photos underneath it, and the photo filenames need to be exactly 8 characters long (no spaces) plus the file extension i.e. in a similar format as if a camera had created/written them

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 28, 2013 9:17 AM in response to alefzero

A lot of card readers require more power than is supplied to the kit - if you have a CF-only reader then you might have a better chance of it working (or try a powered reader).

If you've copied the photos onto the card yourself then you need to create a DCIM directory off the root of the card, with the photos underneath it, and the photo filenames need to be exactly 8 characters long (no spaces) plus the file extension i.e. in a similar format as if a camera had created/written them

How to transfer photos from a CF card into a ipad mini without a computer? Thanks for your help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.