Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Updated Apple TV now Remote app will not connect

Latest update installed tonight. Now Remote ipad app will not connect.

IPad 2

Apple TV 2? 3 mo old.

Uninstalled Remote app and reinstalled during troubleshooting.

AppleTV 2, iOS 6.1

Posted on Jan 28, 2013 8:21 PM

17 replies

Jan 29, 2013 2:40 PM in response to z_dan

I think there's nothing to do but wait. The fact that many of us are experiencing the same problem with the iPad app, and the fact that the iPhone app still works fine, tells me it's a glitch in the software - maybe Apple TV 5.2, maybe iOS 6.1 (I updated to both yesterday).

Meanwhile, since Apple does not read these forums, I suggest we all leave comments on their feedback page: http://www.apple.com/feedback/appletv.html

That way they'll at least know a bunch of us are having this issue.

Hopefully Apple will issue a fix soon.

Jan 29, 2013 5:13 PM in response to rmarkeson

Here how I make it work temporarily:

I turn the app on it, it tries to connect, I restart the the Apple TV while the app is on, it connects and works.

In the settings of the app, click on keep to connected so it can stay alive in the background for a while or until the Apple TV goes to sleep. Then to reconnect you have to restart the whole process. Let me know if this works for you. It is not a solution at all, maybe they want us to buy a Bluetooth keyboard now.

Updated Apple TV now Remote app will not connect

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.