Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Disabled iPad 2 plus cannot update and restore

I'm trying to restore my daughter's ipad2 because it is disabled. But when I put it into restore mode and connect it to iTunes, it says that the software is up to date, but then still tries to update to iOS 6. It probably does need to be updated, but when the download tries to install, it says that the download has been corrupted. I've tried almost all the fixes found in the forum, but nothing seems to be working. The only fixes I have not tried are the ones which are for only one or the other to be working (unlocked iPad or not corrupted download). Help please? I am up to date on iTunes as well as my OS (windows 7).

iPad 2

Posted on Jan 29, 2013 9:03 AM

2 replies

Jan 30, 2013 12:51 PM in response to theschway

I was able to take my ipad into the apple store to see one of their techs, and they were unable to repair it either. Apparently some of the ipad 2's downloaded a correct firmware and they arent able to repair in store. Luckily even though mine was out of warranty (bought at launch without applecare) they swapped the device right there for no charge. i would say great customer service from Apple. Wish I didnt have to waste an hour at the store, but could have been worse. I hope that helps, my suggestion would be setup an appointment at your closest apple store and get your's looked at too.

Disabled iPad 2 plus cannot update and restore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.