Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Am I able to fix an iPhone 4 GSM without a warranty or a receipt?

I am in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada and I got an iPhone 4 GSM from my friend, which I plan to use if my iPhone 4S dies and I need a loaner. The iPhone 4 GSM is not jailbroken and it's locked to Telus Mobility in Canada. The iPhone is running iOS 6.1.

However, the home button on the iPhone 4 sticks almost every time I use it (closing running applications is a real pain since most of the time the iPhone doesn't detect that I've pressed the home button twice), and the phone occasionally resets itself for no reason. I didn't get a receipt for the iPhone 4 when my friend gave it to me and I don't have any sort of warranty for it.

Can I still get it fixed by Apple? Should I get it fixed by Apple or get a third party to look into it?

iPhone 4, iOS 6.1, backup iPhone; used to be friend's

Posted on Jan 29, 2013 12:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 29, 2013 12:25 PM

Apple is going to charge you some money to fix that phone, if you're just looking to use it for a loaner or temp phone and not a daily driver you could use the assistive touch Settings-->General-->Accessibility-->AssistiveTouch

That'll give you a softkey on the screen for a home button.

1 reply

Am I able to fix an iPhone 4 GSM without a warranty or a receipt?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.