Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Camera Roll, Photo Library, and iPhoto special folder-How to make into ONE?

-I understand "Camera Roll" category on the iPhone PHOTOS area contains the pics I've taken on my iphone. I know I can move these to iPhoto when I connect iPhone to my computer, then delete off of iPhone.

-Inside iPhoto on my desktop computer I made a folder called: "For iPhone" in which I chose some pics I wanted to be seen on my iPhone; so then inside iTunes under my device's name, under "Sync photos from iPhoto" I have chosen "Selected albums" and only chose the one "For iPhone" (x40 pics) that I made.

-Now when I go to my iPhone after a sync there is:

1)Camera Roll (x89-as stated I can delete these ok)

2)Photo Library (x40)

3)For iPhone (x40)

It seems to me that the "Photo Library" and "for iPhone" have exactly the same photos in them. Is there a way to only have ONE showing with the 40 photos? ie: How to delete or remove that "photo library"?

I know when I take more pics with my iPhone it will auto make a "Camera Roll", and maybe that title will be there always even if I "delete off of iPhone" after importing into iTunes, so understand I may have two categories inside iPhone's PHOTOS area, but don't want THREE.

Thanks ahead for any help re this!

iPhone 5, iOS 6.0.2

Posted on Jan 30, 2013 12:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 30, 2013 12:51 PM

Think of Photo Library as a top level folder. It will show the total number of photos in all of the albums you have synced to your phone.

4 replies

Jan 30, 2013 1:12 PM in response to Strgzr

No. You can't hide it. I honestly don't see the point in doing so. It gives you a way to view all of the photos in all of the albums and events you have synced to your phone in one place. Nothing is duplicated. Selecting the album or event you want to view isn't that complicated.

If it wasn't there, I'm sure plenty of people would be screaming for it.

Jan 30, 2013 1:35 PM in response to KiltedTim

KT: I guess if a person only has one album and the Photo Library showing (like me), then those two appear like duplicates(when open them, the same photos are in each one), but if you have made several albums and want to see all the pics in one place, then, as you say, one could "view all in one place." 😉

Ex of what I see now:

User uploaded file

Camera Roll, Photo Library, and iPhoto special folder-How to make into ONE?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.