Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4 stuck on apple logo screen?

Hello,

I have an 8GB iPhone 4 that I got about a year ago (some point in January 2012). It has always worked well however I did drop it last June but it only cracked the backing and I went to Apple and got the back replaced. Nothing was wrong with the software! Then today my twitter wasn't working so I deleted the app and downloaded it again, it froze halfway through the installation so I decided to turn my phone off and on again. I turned it off and then on but it got stuck on the apple logo restart screen for about half an hour. So I decided to reboot it (sleep button + home button) and it got stuck on the same logo screen for 20 minutes. Since then I've done countless reboots and plugged it in to my MacBook air; my phone didn't even connect. It just didn't do anything at all! Any ideas?

iPhone 4, iOS 6.1

Posted on Jan 31, 2013 11:05 AM

4 replies

Jul 1, 2017 1:23 AM in response to lynchmob99

Try rebooting it at first i.e press and hold the power and the home button together for 10 seconds. If that does not work connect the phone to your computer and open up iTunes if it detects your phone try to restore (it will clear up all your data).

If both that above techniques fail then you will have to go to DFU mode by the following process to fix iPhone stuck on Apple logo screen;

Connect to the computer

Turn off your phone

Hold the power button for 3 seconds

Hold both the power and home button for 10 seconds

Release the power button but keep holding the home button for 15 seconds

Itunes will then alert you that your phone is in recovery mode

Follow the instruction in iTunes to restore your phone.

iPhone 4 stuck on apple logo screen?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.