Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I turn of "Find my iPhone alert"? No button on the display works. The 'home' button doesn't work. And the power button doesn't function. Should I wait until the battery runs out?

I used iCloud.com 'find my iPhone' to send an alert to my iPhone. Now, the iPhone is effectively locked -- no button presses or screen touches work. I can't even turn it off.

The 'Find My Phone' feature in 'iCloud' lets me a) display its location; b) 'Play Sound' ; c) do 'Lost Mode' or d) 'Erase Phone'. Why wouldn't Apple provide a way to run off the 'find my iPhone Alert'?

Now I have the most useless slab of technology: An iPhone that a) will make 'pings' from Find My iPhone; b) make incoming call alerts; c) issue sounds when mails/texts arrive -- BUT NOT PERMIT ANY LOCAL HAND INPUTS OR REBOOT!

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Jan 31, 2013 8:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2013 9:08 PM

Is the iPhone online? The Find My iPhone help says once the device is online, the sound plays for two minutes, and an email is then sent to your Apple ID email address (the one you use with iCloud).

If all that occurred and your iPhone is still not working, perhaps it's run out of power. It might simply need a good charge.

If it has power, you might try a reset. Hold the on/off and home buttons together for about 10 seconds till the Apple logo appears.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 31, 2013 9:08 PM in response to Jugglenaut

Is the iPhone online? The Find My iPhone help says once the device is online, the sound plays for two minutes, and an email is then sent to your Apple ID email address (the one you use with iCloud).

If all that occurred and your iPhone is still not working, perhaps it's run out of power. It might simply need a good charge.

If it has power, you might try a reset. Hold the on/off and home buttons together for about 10 seconds till the Apple logo appears.

How do I turn of "Find my iPhone alert"? No button on the display works. The 'home' button doesn't work. And the power button doesn't function. Should I wait until the battery runs out?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.