Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Updated iOS 6.1 and my iphone 4S has no sound HELP!!!

Just downloaded iOS 6.1 and lost all my sound - no ringtones, no music, no notifications, just vibration. My alarm clock won't even make a sound. PLEASE help!

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.1

Posted on Feb 1, 2013 2:08 PM

10 replies

Feb 8, 2013 1:10 AM in response to tracyolsem

Mine is iPhone 4S (warranty is void). I'am having the same problem. Sometimes back to normal (after idle for a while), but not last. Turning off the phone raises back the issue.

- On volume up/down button clicked: Ringer overlay is shown but not bars

- No lock/unlock sound

- No notification sound

- It's ringing when receive phone call or set volume from Sound setting

- After turned off, iPhone won't turn on unless plugged to charger

I've done these:

- Cleaned up charging port

- Dryed the iPhone (hairdryer; below the sunlight) - just in case

- Reset all settings

I haven't restore the phone since I'm not sure if messages, mails, WhatsApp, LINE (etc) histories will back after synced from backup.

I read that deleting com.apple.iapd.plist (Root>System>Library>LaunchDaemons) can fix this, but it needs jailbraking (iFile/iExplorer) which I don't want to. Furthermore, "Deleting the 'com.apple.iapd.plist' may effect the functioning of hardware accessories that go with various apps, such as FM transmitters and Nike accessories, etc." —wisso (https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3790682?start=45&tstart=0)

I'm not sure if some apps crash with latest iOS update and cause this.

I'm still looking for the right solution.

Feb 16, 2013 7:30 PM in response to JeafGilbert

(cont.)

I restored my OS to 6.1.1 and chosed "new phone" instead of "restore from backup", still no luck. Issue still exists, sound appears after phone idle, once I restart, no sound again and can't turn on without plugged to charger.

Now I only have 2 other options:

- Downgrade to 6.0.1 (still downloading)

- Bring to Authorized Reseller (unfortunately no Apple Store in my city)

I'll post next update.

Updated iOS 6.1 and my iphone 4S has no sound HELP!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.