Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Play Sound", "Lost Mode", "Erase iPad" greyed out on Find My iPhone

User uploaded file

I got a call from one of my users that he'd lost his iPad, and when I went in and checked Find My iPhone, I saw that it was offline, and all the buttons were greyed and unusable. Does anyone know for sure what this means? My wild guess is that it was already erased and/or hacked (he lost it some time before calling me), but that's only a guess. I can set up any other offline iPad for a ping, so I don't think it's that. Thank you very much!

iPad 3G, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Feb 1, 2013 3:48 PM

5 replies

Mar 31, 2014 9:19 AM in response to Bella0406

Yes, FMI is still active when offline but until the offline phone is back online, nothing is happening on the phone end. I think that the "greying out" indicates the phone has been erased. If you read my prior two posts above, I can't think of another explanation.

Sorry you lost your phone and still hope you get it back. I am surmising from my one experience.

"Play Sound", "Lost Mode", "Erase iPad" greyed out on Find My iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.