Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have Iphone 4s that is on warranty but its screen has stopped working when i peek in with a external light it shows iphone disabled. and can not restore from i tunes as well. i am in pakistan and phone was bought from Canada. how can i get assistance?

hello can apple help me out.i am from Pakistan, i received iphone 4s as a gift, it was purchased in canada last march 2012. unfortunately its screen stopped working and inside screen when i try to look with external light. there was message "iphone disabled for 60 minutes" i tried restore but could not it downloads update but does not do anything i am heck upset its really something means to me alot. I tried to find out warranty claiming process but here in pakistan it has not been officially launched. Why so ? in a country where 50% people are using iphone and apple is not there? i was really shoked. well i really need help.please guide me how can i get it replaced or anything that can be claimed in warranty.it is still on warranty. But i am in pakistan where i can not find any istore where they deal with warranty. Please guide me i have studied alot and have read stories about people having same experience and apple helped them alot. I am amazed that i been giving marketing presentations on a brand which is not in my country but heared much "good" about you. and was having great experience of your device. Please dont make it true what i have heared about you.

Regards.

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.0.1, On warrenty stopped screen

Posted on Feb 3, 2013 7:35 AM

3 replies

Feb 3, 2013 10:43 AM in response to Aw Shah

This most likely will not fix the screen, but it may, and it is the next step your should do to fix your iPhone.

Put iPhone into Recovery Mode and Restore. Open iTunes on your computer. Connect iPhone to computer with USB Cable. Hold both home and power buttons for about 20 seconds until iTunes recognizes iPhone in Recovery Mode. Click the Restore button of iTunes.

Feb 4, 2013 7:41 AM in response to brad805

Thank you for your quick reply. But my phone's screen turned on. i mean the back light. And i restored my phone but now having another issue. My wifi is not working. its button that was used to turn it on or off is like disabled with a light colour. And blutooth is also on search mood always. i had 6.0 ios before problems and now i got 6.1 and with these issues. Can you please guide me further what to do as i have tried 3 times to update and restore. but it stays same. Please help...

Feb 4, 2013 9:16 AM in response to Aw Shah

Try restoring the iPhone to factory settings. If you are having difficult restoring, put the iPhone into Recovery Mode and see if that then works:

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1808

If not, or if a restore to factory settings does not fix the problem, then your iPhone may have a hardware problem. You can only get the iPhone serviced by Apple in Canada, so you will have to take the iPhone there or send it to someone you know in Canada who can get the iPhone serviced and send it back to you. The only option for getting service in Pakistan would be to pay some unauthorized repair shop to attempt a repair, after which Apple will no longer provide any service even in Canada.

Regards.

I have Iphone 4s that is on warranty but its screen has stopped working when i peek in with a external light it shows iphone disabled. and can not restore from i tunes as well. i am in pakistan and phone was bought from Canada. how can i get assistance?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.