Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone has 8 GB and I have almost no storage left. I have barely any apps, 450 songs, and no photos. When I connect it to iTunes, it shows a large amount of Other. I don't know what to do to reduce the other so that I have more storage.

My iPhone has 8 GB and I have almost no storage left. I have barely any apps, 450 songs, and no photos. When I connect it to iTunes, it shows a large amount of Other. I don't know what to do to reduce the other so that I have more storage.

iPhone 4, iOS 6.1

Posted on Feb 7, 2013 2:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2013 2:41 PM

Other data

If restoring using your backup didn't work, you'll have to save as much of your data as you can (import your photos to your computer, sync your contacts and other data with iCloud, email things like Notes and Voice Memos to yourself, sync with iTunes to transfer all your purchases, etc.) and then restore it as new without using your backup.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 7, 2013 2:41 PM in response to LovelyLiz96

Other data

If restoring using your backup didn't work, you'll have to save as much of your data as you can (import your photos to your computer, sync your contacts and other data with iCloud, email things like Notes and Voice Memos to yourself, sync with iTunes to transfer all your purchases, etc.) and then restore it as new without using your backup.

Feb 7, 2013 3:43 PM in response to paulcb

I read in another forum about this, and I tried it, and it brought my other from 1.81 GB to 220 MB!

1. Go to "Settings" on your iphone home screen

2. Select "General"

3. Select "Usage"

4. Select "Music"

5. SWIPE AND DELETE IT

6. Do not Exit the Screen, Shut your iPhone off

7. Start it back up, next time you plug it to your PC, the other will be gone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.