Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Native notes sync (via gmail) on multiple devices

I sync my notes (from the native notes app) via gmail over both my iPad and my android phone. I noticed today that if I edit a note (that is already synced with both devices) with my iPad while it has no Internet connection, the changes are not retained - it gets uploaded to my google account once I get Internet again, but gmail has them received two later syncs from my phone (a later time stamp) which then replaces my note with the last addition, and the old version of that note is instead uploaded to google from my phone and then pulled from google by my iPad, replacing my latest addition with the older (yet according to time stamp newer) note from my phone.

I guess notes doesn't have a way of checking which content is really the latest?

Now that I think about it, I might have opened that particular note on my phone after the ipad edits, but before bringing my iPad on touch with Internet again... Which would of course create a more recent version of that note, replacing the update on my iPad...

The nice thing is that all revisions are stored on my google account so I never lost any data.

Is there however a way to have notes detect such conflicts or no?

iPad 2, iOS 6.1

Posted on Feb 8, 2013 8:04 AM

There are no replies.

Native notes sync (via gmail) on multiple devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.