Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Other" allocated space keeps growing.

User uploaded file

This strange Other space is taking over our phones. I keep having to delete important stuff to be able to backup my phone.

User uploaded file

Does anyone know what it is?

I was thinking it might be stuff like e-mails but why backup imap mails that allready are on the e-mail server?

Was also thinking some of it could be imessage/sms/mms history. .. But deleting all message history didn't change anything.

Many people are saying its a feature Apple build in to force us to buy more iCloud storage but how ludicrous would that be :-)

Any help you can offer.

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.1

Posted on Feb 8, 2013 10:56 PM

5 replies

Mar 23, 2014 6:38 AM in response to Raqtor

I have 4.52Gbytes of Other storage on my 16Gbyte iPhone 4S - well over 25% of available storage. I am a well-informed user of technology, but not a geek! I expect this stuff to work. This is preventing my from having a smartphone that does everythng I want.......and getting a larger phone is not the answer - Apple sorting out this problem with Other storage is the answer.

I don't want to restore the phone as whilst I can reload music apps etc, I will lose data in the apps. Apple please help. There is far more competition in the smartphone space now than when I first purchased an iPhone 3 in 2010.

"Other" allocated space keeps growing.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.