Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Display icon not in Menu bar 10.8 ??

The icon from "Apple" Preferences was always also in the upper right menu bar.. but, after upgrading it is not.

How can I get it back??

PS: Is there any way to add icons (apps) to that area?? It seems that some do and others don't ..??

Thank you,

Ed

iMac (27-inch Mid 2011), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Feb 11, 2013 8:41 AM

6 replies

Feb 11, 2013 8:44 AM in response to Edwin Law

As you have a Mac that supports AirPlay Mirroring, you should see the AirPlay (or Displays) icon in the menu bar without any problem. Open System Preferences > Displays, and make sure that "Show mirroring options in the menu bar when available" option is ticked.

Also, note that Displays icon is now different on OS X Mountain Lion. See > http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5404

Feb 11, 2013 11:07 AM in response to mende1

No, I'm sorry to say I am NOT surprised. I switched to Apple about 6 years ago because I was tired of the constant so-called upgraees in Windows and the tinkering their "kids" did. Until 10.6.8 I could never have been happier and the Mac really works well with photographic editing: Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom.

The last several changes have really been just changes for change hoping to impress a senior programmer with "activity.". NO real iprovements. They are devoting ALL their time and energy to IOS and hopeing to keep ahead of the smartphone group. They have their work cut out there.

I hate to even think about making the change back to Windows because I think it is doing the same thing.

It has become a real P I the A for those of us over 40 who don't spend all day with earbuds and checking our Twitter or Facebbok, or ....

Until they feel the heat it won't change .. Sad.

Thanks for trying, giving you a "helped me." Wish you could solve it.

Tenga un gran dia,

ed

Display icon not in Menu bar 10.8 ??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.