Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is my iPad running slow

Why is my iPad running slow all of a sudden?

iPad, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Feb 11, 2013 11:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 11, 2013 11:18 PM

Do you have tons of apps running in the background? Double-click on the Home key and then press on the first icon in the list that shows at the bottom. That will cause them all to shake, and an "X" will show in the upper left-hand corner. Press the "X" on each one to close them.

This does not cause any loss of data or anything else. Just closes apps running in the background. They can really start to add up after awhile. Sometimes I forget to do it for awhile, and then I find myself having to close 20 or 30!!!

Also, a reset never hurts. Again, you won't lose anything. Press the Home button and the Power button at the same time and hold them both down until the Silver Apple appears. Once the reset is complete, your Slide to Unlock screen will display as usual.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

GB

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 11, 2013 11:18 PM in response to alfredfrombellevue

Do you have tons of apps running in the background? Double-click on the Home key and then press on the first icon in the list that shows at the bottom. That will cause them all to shake, and an "X" will show in the upper left-hand corner. Press the "X" on each one to close them.

This does not cause any loss of data or anything else. Just closes apps running in the background. They can really start to add up after awhile. Sometimes I forget to do it for awhile, and then I find myself having to close 20 or 30!!!

Also, a reset never hurts. Again, you won't lose anything. Press the Home button and the Power button at the same time and hold them both down until the Silver Apple appears. Once the reset is complete, your Slide to Unlock screen will display as usual.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

GB

Why is my iPad running slow

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.