Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Frustrating bugs in Music app

Since at least iOS 6.1 I have had a problem where if I am playing music from a playlist, answer a call or do some other activities that interrupt the music, then at some point start playing music again it starts on the wrong song in the playlist. Instead of starting where it left off, it will start where it started the last time I played music. Edit: this seems to happen when I shut down the Music app. I usually like to play music from the lock screen or the controls in the running apps area, and close the Music app after I make changes.

More frustrating: when I edit a playlist on my phone, and rearrange the songs, then tap "Done," the songs do not end up in the order I chose. The program is using the wrong index for the songs to move, so if I move a song up two spaces, when I press "Done" the song that has moved will actually be the one that was previously immediately above the one I was trying to move. This is extremely frustrating and seems to make it impossible to move the last song on the playlist (the one I had just added and wanted to put in order). I don't understand how this functionality was broken when it used to work. Did anyone test this at all?

It's bad enough that I don't have the option of just pushing a button to sort a playlist alphabetically after I've added something to it. I've put up with that since playlist editing was added to the phone. But now I can't even edit the order manually? Come on, people. Get it together. When will this be fixed?

Edit: and I just realized because of the new Podcast crap, the songs I have in my playlist that came from a podcast now won't play when the playlist is on shuffle? Whose bright idea was that?

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.1.1

Posted on Feb 13, 2013 1:50 PM

2 replies

Frustrating bugs in Music app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.