Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cant receive MMS on iphone 3GS with Straight Talk HOME network

I Can not receive MMS on iphone 3GS with Straight Talk HOME network. ANY help would be great!

I downloaded the Unlockit.co.nz app and now I can use data (access safari) but I can not send or receive MMS 😟.

The phone was att.

Please HELP!

iPhone 3GS, Straight Talk Mobile SIM Card

Posted on Feb 14, 2013 12:36 PM

12 replies

Feb 15, 2013 8:40 AM in response to razmee209

No. To use the straight Talk network with a SIM card supported phone, you must change the APN on the phone you are using. I did this Via Unlockit.co.nz - this allows me to use the straight talk network with an ATT phone. I am wondering why Straight Talk HOME Network does not support MMS and if there is a way around it given that I am using the IPhone 3GS.

Feb 15, 2013 8:47 AM in response to mkbker

Straight Talk is not a supported carrier.

They are an MVNO. They use spectrum belonging to the major carriers. For GSM, that means either AT&T or T-Mobile. The T-Mobile network in the US is not fully compatible with the iPhone.

You'll have to either work it out with Straight Talk or switch to a supported carrier. AT&T is the only supported GSM carrier in the US.

Feb 15, 2013 11:49 AM in response to mkbker

OK, so your telling me that because Straight Talk isnt fully supported I am restricted?

I can not get MMS because of that??? If that is the case then I would not beable to purchase a Straight Talk phone and use MMS but that is not the case. My straight talk phone (no sim) worked fine with MMS. My iphone is the only thing having issues. I can send photos via Imessage to Iphones but no MMS.

Feb 16, 2013 7:16 PM in response to mkbker

To clarify for anyone who is still having any problems doing this.

1. Unlock your phone with the carrier ( I know the process will work if it is jail broken but I am assuming you dont want to void the warranty on your phone) NOTE: even if you purchased the phone outright at Wal-Mart it is still locked to ATT so you will have to unlock the phone.

1a Here is the link to unlock a ATT iphone. Simply follow the instructions https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

2. Get a T- mobile SIM (micro SIM). Even if you don't want the service, if you feign interest, they will send you one for free or 99cents. If you need it now you can get one at a T-mobile store too.

3. Once you have both your Straight talk SIM and your T-mobile SIM follow these instructions:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFFf5uqk18M

4. If you have any remaining questions check out the Howard Forums Wiki: http://wiki.howardforums.com/index.php/Straight_Talk_iPhone

Everything should work flawlessly at this point. I hope this makes doing this very easy for everyone in the future. God Bless -J

Cant receive MMS on iphone 3GS with Straight Talk HOME network

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.