Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Apple TV Remote is broken and the Remote app is not pairing with Apple TV because the Home Sharing at Apple TV is off... How to fix?

My Apple TV Remote is broken and the Remote app is not pairing with Apple TV because the Home Sharing at Apple TV is off... How to fix?

AppleTV 2, iOS 6.1.1

Posted on Feb 18, 2013 2:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 18, 2013 2:42 AM

Welcome to the Apple Community.

You'll need to purchase a replacement remote from Apple.

2 replies

Sep 25, 2014 3:53 PM in response to MCNVCarter

You do not need to purchase a remote. I had similar problem, just find a way to solve it.

- First, you need to have a Mac and a wireless keyboard in order to do this way.

- You have to reset ATV to factory default first - you can use micro USB cable to connect ATV to a Mac and follow the process to restore factory default.

- Then connect ATV back to TV, it will prompt you to use store setup process and give you a chance to pair ATV with a bluetooth wireless keyboard

- Once the wireless keyboard is paired, you can follow the steps to set home sharing and remote app again

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.