Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

when you unlock the iPhone 4 16GB is an error you have a problem with the Internet phone. Sorry, but your connected iPhone can not be identified and activated. We recommend that you contact your dealer or visit the Web site support Apple. How do I solve t

when you unlock the iPhone 4 16GB is an error you have a problem with the Internet phone.

Sorry, but your connected iPhone can not be identified and activated. We recommend that you contact your dealer or visit the Web site support Apple. How do I solve this problem?

iPhone 4, iOS 6.1

Posted on Feb 18, 2013 2:06 AM

26 replies

Feb 18, 2013 3:04 AM in response to Alibek96

Look, official unlocking works as follows: you contact the carrier your phone is locked to & request the phone be officially unlocked; if your carrier offers unlocking, they send your phone's IMEI number to Apple; Apple adds the iMEI number to the officially unlocked database; the carrier informs you the phone has been officially unlocked; you restore the phone using iTunes to process the unlock.

Unless you did as above, your phone was not officially unlocked.

when you unlock the iPhone 4 16GB is an error you have a problem with the Internet phone. Sorry, but your connected iPhone can not be identified and activated. We recommend that you contact your dealer or visit the Web site support Apple. How do I solve t

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.