Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"playback error" in youtube app on iPhone 4S AND iPad

I am unable to view youtube videos on both iPads and iPhones in my house. Upated to iOS6 and in the past couple of weeks and have lost the ability to view youtube videos in safari. So, per some discussion boards, downloaded the youtube app and I get the "playback error" message on both phone and iPad. Has anyone discovered the issue or a workaround?

iPhone 4, iOS 6.1, Having same issue on iPad 2

Posted on Feb 18, 2013 5:59 PM

13 replies

Mar 23, 2013 4:06 PM in response to Putnam

Same problem here just discovered today. iPhone 5 and iPad both, Youtube play the advertisement preceding the video, then black screen iwth message playback error. I downloaded McTube to both units, and get the same results. Something changed with the last OS "upgrade" because I am certain I used Youtube on both units before today. This stinks.

Apr 3, 2013 4:37 AM in response to Putnam

My issue was corrected by swapping the input cable from the modem to the Airave I have. Now the cable goes through my wireless modem from the cable modem and then to the Airave. Original hookup as in the hookup directions was cable modem to Airave to wireless modem. The origianal hookup shut down just about all downloads, and Youtube would not olay the music but the ads would work fine. No issues now at all, cell phone works fine.

Jul 3, 2014 12:17 AM in response to Putnam

I had done all the above too. But the answer to my problem was to simply change the DNS server number (should have done this first when the "playback error" persisted.:/). Take a screenshot of your original DNS number for future necessity, then change it to OpenDNS..or google DNS...I used google DNS...for complete & thorough instructions..follow this site:--> http://www.macinstruct.com/node/558

Edit

"playback error" in youtube app on iPhone 4S AND iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.