Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Mini freezes when trying to open twitter or facebook app. iOS 6.1. Same as yours?

I've had my iPad Mini for 2 weeks. It's the 32GB with LTE version running on iOS 6.1. Storage left is 5.5GB, mostly due to my eBooks (have tons of them) and some videos and music, the rest are of course apps. I initially intended not to input my facebook credentials via Settings because I'm not a heavy facebook user and honestly am wary about the security issues with them. But after an app opted me to add my facebook credentials in the Settings, my iPad Mini started acting up. When I tap on the facebook tab on Settings or on the FB app itself, the iPad Mini hangs. This now happens to my twitter also (I'm more of a twitter user). Now whenever I try to tweet via notifications menu I get messages now and then that my tweet has not been sent. Even when I tried opening my twitter app, it freezes my iPad. I'm now avoiding tapping on the apps because I'm preventing myself from hard resetting the iPad.

I was wondering if this is unique to my device or has this happened to anyone after doing the same or after updating to iOS 6.1. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

13, Mac OS X (10.6.7), 2.7GHz dual-core Intel Core i7, 4GB 1333MHz, 500GB 5400-rpm1, In

Posted on Feb 19, 2013 2:25 AM

3 replies

Feb 19, 2013 2:57 AM in response to Diavonex

Hi,

I always do #1, in case the apps might get too heavy for the processor then hold the power/sleep button for more than 10 seconds. I did this 3 times already. So I'm really adamant on tapping on the apps should I do that again.

For #2, isn't that resetting the device (losing apps, etc) and not advisable?

Lastly, what do you think attributed to the problem?

Thanks in advance!

iPad Mini freezes when trying to open twitter or facebook app. iOS 6.1. Same as yours?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.